No Offense Meant to Your Innate Sensibilities

Take a former high-speed military guy, add a flagrantly narrow view of music and the arts, ignite the passion and conviction that so often come only in later years, mix in 30 years of psycho-spiritual experimentation, a healthy belief that the Ashkenazi and Sephardics really ARE the REAL Jews, add a dollop of cancer and poverty and VOILA! I have come.



Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Friday on Tuesday

Well, it's my Friday. I live for this day. It becomes a more joyful occasion relative to how tired I feel, how sick I might feel at a given time or how much I hate my job on any given day. Each Tuesday night I leave here knowing that I have two glory-filled days of doing whatever I choose, even if what I choose to do is absolutely nothing.

Sometimes, just sacking out for two days is a pleasure. I usually don't have two nickels to rub together so that kinda rules out having too much fun or going shopping to any degree.

Oftentimes, I feel like crappola, so two days of laying around is a godsend. It appears that I'm going to live after this year-long "battle" with cancer but it is truly a pain and going to the bathroom will never be the same. Let's just say I go with an urgency that will not be thwarted by God nor Man.

I'm sorry to admit this, but I would push a little old lady out of the way just to get to the restroom when the need calls. After three TURBT surgeries, the bladder just isn't what it used to be.

All this just begs the question - how is it possible to be so utterly boring and yet come up with an acceptable blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment